Panelists will discuss the role of communications and media in educating, engaging, and advocating for critical issues affecting Hispanics: health, voting, and civil rights. Experts will share effective strategies they've implemented in their roles to communicate with Hispanic stakeholders around these issues (from clients to employees and leadership), as well as anticipated challenges this population will face in the coming months.
Participants will learn about organizations that are effectively leveraging their brand purpose as a strategy to connect with their Hispanic audiences, and what we can do as PR/communications professionals to advance the inclusion of Hispanics in our respective organizations.
• [Moderator] Andrea Gils, International marketing and communications Manager, University of Kentucky
• [Panelist] Zandra Zuno, Senior Vice President of Communications and Marketing, UnidosUS (formerly NCLR)
• [Panelist] Pepe Maldonado, Senior Account Supervisor, Zeno Group
• [Panelist] Ana Toro, APR Fellow PRSA, Public Affairs Officer, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
• [Panelist] Hugo Balta, News Director, WTTW. President, NAHJ. Owner, Latino News Network